Sunday, March 29, 2009

Positive Energy

I am very grateful to tell you that we are safely through the first trimester of this pregnancy.  I have been feeling really good, other than a few minor symptoms, and amazingly the time seems to be flying by.  I truly believe that we've made it this far, in large part, due to all of the positive energy & support for us out there.  

Part of our reasoning behind announcing our pregnancy early was that, considering what we've been through, we really need all of the positive thoughts and energy that we can get.  The support has been absolutely unbelievable.  We've received so many emails, cards, Facebook messages, comments on this blog, and in-person congrats.  So many of you have taken on our pregnancy like it is your own, and we truly feel so blessed.  

As I've mentioned in previous blog entries I consider myself to be more of a spiritual person than a religious person.  I believe in the power of positive thinking not only for oneself but also by others.  Isn't that what prayer really is all about?  When you pray for someone you are asking "God" to answer this prayer, but really you are sending out positive vibes into the universe which will hopefully come back around to the person you are praying for.  I've always believed that the energy you send out into the universe comes back around whether it be positive, negative, or indifferent.  Some people call this karma, or mojo, or refer to it as "what goes around comes around", or even the "Secret", a phenomenon recently revisited by author, Rhonda Byrne.  

In my life this theory seems to prove true over and over again.  Have you ever noticed that when you have a bad day everything seems to go terribly?  You wake up late, burn your toast, hit every red light, your coat is hanging out of the car door & is soaking wet by the time you reach your destination, you lose a business deal, your husband forgets to pickup the dry cleaning, etc.  Once one thing goes wrong we all tend to dwell on it and manifest the rest of the bad day by our negative thinking.  The key to preventing these days that cascade downhill rapidly is to intervene with positive actions & thoughts.  This is perhaps the greatest challenge because it goes against our human instinct.  Anyone can have a good attitude when everything seems to be going well, but not everyone can turn a bad day around.  

Well deeply believing in this phenomenon I remind myself daily to fill my head with positive thoughts about this  pregnancy, despite the obvious tendency to remember and dwell on the terrible result of our last pregnancy.  This has been perhaps the most difficult task I have ever asked of myself and it has only been made possible by all of you out there who have been so positive and overwhelmingly supportive of this pregnancy.  I can't possibly find myself in a dark & nightmare-ish flash-back when every few minutes I see a new smiling face congratulating me, or an e.mail saying that you are pulling for us.  So thank you!  From the bottom of Frank's and my hearts, thank you!  And, here's to trimester #2!

1 comment:

  1. If I had a foam finger I'd be waving it! Wooohoo!
    Go Trimester#2 and so on!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

A pregnancy blog with a twist.

If you start from my first entry "The Beginning" you will hear about my life's tragedy.  Out of the ashes of this terrible experience I have formed a whole new outlook on pregnancy.  Throw away the pregnancy books, stop worrying and complaining about pregnancy symptoms, forget about the multi-billion dollar pregnancy & baby industry and simply enjoy the miracle of creating life.  I plan to write about this pregnancy process from a new perspective.  A wiser, more thankful, and hopefully not too jaded perspective.  Since I wouldn't wish my tragedy on my worst enemy I hope that women can learn from my experience and perhaps view their own pregnancies in a slightly different light.  Enjoy!  And, happy miracle making!