Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cinderella

Poor Cinderella! She only had a finite period of time at the ball before her chariot turned into a pumpkin. Or maybe she was the luckiest lady at the ball because she savored every second. My life for the next 10 days is somewhat synonymous. The good news is that in meeting with my high risk OB he feels my condition has stabilized and has upgraded me to modified bed rest. No I won't be re-covering my couch with fine fabric, rather it means I can be up and about for a couple of hours at a time during the day. We will meet again to reevaluate in a week and a half but until then my couple of hours are like gold! Now don't get me wrong, anything beats strict bed rest, but boy does a couple of hours fly by! By the time I make myself somewhat presentable & leave the house I have time for a short meeting, a quick visit with a friend or co-workier, a stop at the drug store, or a quick meal.

Have you ever calculated what can be accomplished in 2 hours? When that's all the time you have it sure doesn't seem like much. I've always been one to appreciate time and rarely do I ever wish minutes, hours, or days away. After losing the girls I not only gained a whole new perspective on how precious life is, but also the importance of time. There's nothing like a little modified bed rest to drive this point home. These lessons are transferable to all aspects of life, but with pregnancy months, weeks, days, & even hours count. One month after the baby is conceived it's heart & circulatory system are developed and the heart begins to beat. Each week during the 40 week pregnancy measurable development takes place. Ask a mother who's baby has been in the NICU the importance of 1 day. A baby's journey from womb to life happens in a number of hours. And, I can speak from personal experience that in a matter of minutes the prognosis of a pregnancy can change a mother's life forever. So don't forget about Cinderella when you find yourself wishing time away, because every moment counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pregnancy blog with a twist.

If you start from my first entry "The Beginning" you will hear about my life's tragedy.  Out of the ashes of this terrible experience I have formed a whole new outlook on pregnancy.  Throw away the pregnancy books, stop worrying and complaining about pregnancy symptoms, forget about the multi-billion dollar pregnancy & baby industry and simply enjoy the miracle of creating life.  I plan to write about this pregnancy process from a new perspective.  A wiser, more thankful, and hopefully not too jaded perspective.  Since I wouldn't wish my tragedy on my worst enemy I hope that women can learn from my experience and perhaps view their own pregnancies in a slightly different light.  Enjoy!  And, happy miracle making!